The Ottoville Mutual Telephone Company
NETWORK MANAGEMENT POLICIES
The Ottoville Mutual Telephone Company is committed to providing broadband access service based on network management policies that protect and empower our broadband access customers, and maximize the benefits of the Internet experience for all customers.
II. General Policies
A. The Ottoville Mutual Telephone Company will manage its network and provide access in accordance with the Federal Communications Commission’s (FCC’s) Open Internet Rules (adopted December 21, 2010) and in compliance with any future Internet policies or rules adopted by the FCC. To ensure Open Access to the Broadband Internet, The Ottoville Mutual Telephone Company, Inc. will not unjustly or unreasonably:
- Block, interfere with or degrade an end user’s ability to access, use, send, post, receive, or offer lawful content (including fair use),applications, or services of the user’s choice;
- Block, interfere with or degrade an end user’s ability to connect and use the end user’s choice of legal devices that do not harm the network;
- Prevent or interfere with competition among network, application, service or content providers;
- Engage in discrimination against any lawful Internet content, application, service or service provider with respect to network management practices, network performance characteristics, or commercial terms and conditions;
- Give preference to affiliated content, applications, or services with respect to network management practices, network performance characteristics, or commercial terms and conditions;
- Charge a content, application, or service provider for access to the Company’s broadband Internet access service end users based on differing levels of quality of service or prioritized delivery of Internet protocol packets;
- Prioritize among or between content, applications, and services or among or between different types of content, applications, and services unless the end user requests to have such prioritization.
B. The Ottoville Mutual Telephone Company will
- Provide connections and transport services to the public Internet to customers;
- Negotiate in good faith with all requesting parties making a bona fide request for interconnection or wholesale services;
- Provide rates and terms for interconnection that are reasonable and Nondiscriminatory
III. Network Security and Congestion Management Policies
- For the safety and privacy of our access customers and with respect for all customers, The Ottoville Mutual Telephone Company:
- Utilizes standard industry practices for safeguarding children, intellectual property rights and our customers’ privacy and security;
- Follows standard best efforts for Internet delivery with respect to allocation of capacity without differentiation among applications, providers, or sources;
- Complies with applicable laws and regulations, including the Children’s Online Privacy Protection
- Act, which requires the consent of a parent or guardian for the collection of personally identifiable information from children under 13;
- Complies with the Online Copyright Infringement Liability Limitations Act, a portion of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act that allows Internet service providers to remove or disconnect customer access to copyright infringing material;
- Uses generally accepted technical measures to provide acceptable service levels to all customers, such as application-neutral bandwidth allocation, as well as measures to address service attacks, illegal content and other harmful activities to protect network integrity and reliability; and
- Reserves the right to prioritize traffic based on real time and non-real time applications during heavy congestion periods based on generally accepted technical measures.
IV. Commercial Pricing
The Ottoville Mutual Telephone Company maintains a price guide for broadband access on its website; please click on the following link for pricing information www.ottovillemutual.com.
Contact Us: Questions, Comments, Concerns
If you have any questions about the The Ottoville Mutual Telephone Company Network Management Policies, you may contact us by calling our business office at 419-453-3324 or writing to us at PO Box 427, Ottoville, OH 45876; or come by our business offices at 245 W Third St., Ottoville, Ohio or email us at email@example.com.